Jessica Chastain reveals why she doesn’t date other celebrities

Nov 4, 2014

“Shadow whisperer” ... actor Jessica Chastain likes to stay out of the spotlight. Picture

“Shadow whisperer” ... actor Jessica Chastain likes to stay out of the spotlight. Picture: Getty Images Source: Getty Images

SHE’S been nominated for an Oscar twice and is currently one of the most in-demand actors around, but Jessica Chastain isn’t remotely interested in the fame that comes with her line of work.

“I’m a shadow whisperer, I hide in the shadows,” Chastain told the UK’s The Telegraph in a new interview. “I tend to avoid places where I might get photographed … I just don’t think of myself as a movie star — I’m an actor.”

Chastain, who has largely stayed quiet with her private life, told the newspaper that she’s not interested in dating other celebrities as “it just puts a magnifying glass on you”.

“If you want to be really famous, then date another famous person,” she said, “but the fame is not the part of my life that I am excited about.”

Elegant ... Jessica Chastain at the Interstellar premiere in New York. Picture: AP

Elegant ... Jessica Chastain at the Interstellar premiere in New York. Picture: AP Source: AP

The 37-year-old, who is currently seeing Italian fashion executive Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo, did admit that she does appreciate a man who gets her work and is comfortable with it.

“I think you have to date someone who understands some aspects of the film industry,” the actor, who’s currently starring in Interstellar, said. “I mean, I’m going to be in Northern Ireland kissing Colin Farrell so I have to date a guy who is really confident in himself and isn’t insecure about all of that.”

Happy relationship ... actor Jessica Chastain is dating “confident” Gian Luca Passi De Pr

Happy relationship ... actor Jessica Chastain is dating “confident” Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo. Picture: Getty Images Source: Getty Images

De Preposulo evidently fits the bill, with Chastain telling The Telegraph that she is “very, very happy” in her current relationship.

“I think it’s important not to talk about it,” she told Glamour last month of her two-year relationship with De Preposulo. “In the future I will. If everything continues on a path, of course it’ll be part of the conversation. But until it gets there, I don’t want to put any unexpected pressure on something that is so personal and so precious. It’s too delicate right now.”

 
Copyright © -2012 Modern Life All Rights Reserved | Template Design by Favorite Blogger Templates | Blogger Tips and Tricks