Katie Holmes: "I Don't Know If I Have Moved Past" Dawson's Creek

Dec 30, 2014

Once a girl from the Creek, always a girl from the Creek. It's been more than 10 years since Katie Holmes, James Van Der Beek, Michelle Williams, and Joshua Jackson said their goodbyes on the finale of the WB series Dawson's Creek, but Holmes, for one, still carries a little bit of Joey Potter wherever she goes.

"I don't know if I have moved past it, but I don't really care," the Kennedys actress told Elle Canada of her role on the teen drama. "I had a ball doing it, and it's really nice to be a part of something that did affect people."

It affected her, too, of course. Noting that the show "created a lot of opportunities" for all of its stars, she said, "You can't really ask for much more than that."

Indeed, opportunities like Dawson's Creek don't come along all that often. "It's a very hard business," the 36-year-old single mother (to daughter Suri, her only child with ex-husband Tom Cruise) told Elle. "You have to work hard every day and hope for the best. Sometimes offers are flying in, and sometimes they're not."

In part because of that, Holmes is preparing for her directorial debut, a film adaptation of Annie Weatherwax's book All We Had. "There aren't as many movies being made, period, so the challenge is to create projects for yourself," she explained. 

That said, the Olay spokesperson doesn't consider herself particularly ambitious. "I think ambition is a wonderful thing, but I see a lot of people who might be a little more ambitious [than me]; I just do what I do and go home," she said. "I have a balanced life. I like having different experiences, and I like being inspired."

post from sitemap
 
Copyright © -2012 Modern Life All Rights Reserved | Template Design by Favorite Blogger Templates | Blogger Tips and Tricks