Grease Live Musical Casts Julianne Hough, Vanessa Hudgens: Find Out Who They Are Playing!

Jan 17, 2015

They're the ones that they want! FOX has announced that Julianne Hough and Vanessa Hudgens have been cast in the upcoming live staging of Grease.

The Dancing With the Stars judge is set to play Sandy, which was originally played by Olivia Newton-John in the 1978 musical classic. As for the High School Musical alum? She will be taking on the role of Pink Ladies leader Rizzo, which was previously played by Stockard Channing. (The Broadway musical debuted in 1971.)

"Grease is one of the movies that made me want to be an entertainer, and I have literally been waiting my whole life to play Sandy," Hough, 26, said in a statement on Saturday, Jan. 17. "My siblings and I watched it and played it out over and over when we were kids. This is my dream role and performing it live on television will be one of the most thrilling opportunities I've had in my career so far."

Hudgens is just as excited to belt it out at Rydell High School. "Being Rizzo is something I've never imagined, and I love that because it will be a new challenge," the former Disney star, also 26, said in a statement. "She is such an iconic character that continues to transcend generations. I cannot wait to bring her to life on live television. I'm going to be a Pink Lady!"

The 1978 cast of Grease
The 1978 cast of Grease
Credit: Courtesy of Paramount

The new project comes on the heels of the hugely successful live productions of Carrie Underwood's Sound of Music Live! and Allison Williams' Peter Pan Live! on NBC.

Grease: Live is a working title for the highly anticipated production. It's set to air live on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2016 from 7-10 p.m. EST.

Tell Us: What do you think about the casting?

post from sitemap
 
Copyright © -2012 Modern Life All Rights Reserved | Template Design by Favorite Blogger Templates | Blogger Tips and Tricks