Hugh Grant Reenacts Notting Hill Scene, Says Julia Roberts Might Hate Him: Watch

Feb 19, 2015

Still Prince Charming? Longtime romantic comedy leading man Hugh Grant stopped by Watch What Happens Live on Wednesday, Feb. 18, and dished to host Andy Cohen about his on-screen loves, the misconception that he is a nice person, and his feud with Jon Stewart

Appearing on the program to promote his latest romcom The Rewrite, Grant, 54, was asked by a caller about The Daily Show and his relationship with outgoing anchor Stewart. The celebrated comedian, 52, once said that the actor was the worst guest he ever had on his show.

"He wasn't entirely wrong," Grant acquiesced. "I did have a tantrum backstage. About once a year, I have a really mega tantrum and sadly he witnessed one. So, he's absolutely right. I'm sure it's very sad he's leaving the show." 

PHOTOS: 30 Most Romantic Movies of All Time

Though he's able to joke about said tantrum now, Grant went on to add that the antics are not entirely out of character for him, and he feels that there is a misconception about his true personality.

"I get very annoyed when people think that I'm sort of nice or diffident or [a] polite English gentleman — all those phrases make me gnash my teeth," the Love Actually star spilled. "I'm a nasty piece of work and I think people should know that. It's enraging."

One such star who has been on the receiving end of Grant's self-described nastiness is his Notting Hill costar Julia Roberts. Asked by a caller whether he was still in touch with the Oscar winner, Grant shook his head no and responded, "I mean, I would be, I suppose, but I've probably made too many jokes about the size of her mouth. She might hate me by now."

PHOTOS: Julia Roberts' Best Movie Roles

The British actor admitted that he said it was hard to kiss her because of the size of her mouth, and "was aware of a faint echo" as they kissed, but added, "She is actually... she was great and very, very beautiful."

While his relationship with Roberts may have soured, Grant did say he has strong feelings of affection for his three favorite costars: Marisa Tomei, with whom he stars in The Rewrite, his Two Weeks Notice leading lady Sandra Bullock, and Did You Hear About the Morgans? star Sarah Jessica Parker, for whom he said he has a "very soft spot."

Finally, Grant dished on his Rowing With the Wind costar and ex-girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.

PHOTOS: Celebrity Friendly Exes: Hollywood's Ex-Lovers Who Have Stayed Close

"The funny thing is, it did [work]," he told host Cohen when asked why they weren't still together. "It did. She's still my best friend. The sex bit probably fizzled out but now she's my absolute best friend, the number one person I call in a crisis."

When he wasn't reflecting on his leading ladies or deceptively harsh personality, Grant reenacted a scene from 1999's Notting Hill with Cohen in Roberts' role. Watch the hilarious video above!

post from sitemap
 
Copyright © -2012 Modern Life All Rights Reserved | Template Design by Favorite Blogger Templates | Blogger Tips and Tricks