Oscars 2015: Hollywood "just like Britain" for Eddie Redmayne as it pours down in Los Angeles

Feb 23, 2015

But the actor, who is tipped to win, says he is delighted with the UK invasion of talent in Los Angeles

When you think of Hollywood, you think sunshine and most definitely not a downpour.

So, it seems, did Eddie Redmayne.

The Londoner, 33, up for Best Actor for his role in The Theory of Everything, compared to the weather to being just like him.

He said: "Well, it's extraordinary. It's raining which feels beautifully British but it has been amazing so far."

Steve Granitz/WireImage
Hannah Bagshawe and actor Eddie Redmayne attend the 87th Annual Academy Awards at Hollywood & Highland Center on February 22, 2015 in Hollywood, California.

Eddie though, didn't let the lack of sunshine ruin his mood too much, instead he spoke of his delight at the number of Brits in town for the Oscars.

"What is lovely is that there are a few of us who started out together, like me, Sienna Miller, Benedict Cumberbatch years ago.

"It's always extraordinary to see friends in extreme circumstances and this is definitely an extreme circumstance."

Jason Merritt/Getty Images
d

Eddie, who landed in LA on Saturday with new wife Hannah Bagshawe, said he was more relaxed on the red carpet than he was two years ago when he performed a song from the Les Miserable movie.

AKM-GSI
Looking dapper: Eddie

Being up for an actual Oscar, he says, is nowhere near as scary, says modest Eddie, who never thought he would be famous.

He said: "I'm relatively relaxed. Last time I was here I had to sing, just before I was about to go on I had a guy in my ear telling me there were one billion people watch and I was like 'I can't hack that' so tonight is relatively relaxing."

VIEW GALLERY
Steve Granitz/WireImage
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
AKM-GSI
post from sitemap
 
Copyright © -2012 Modern Life All Rights Reserved | Template Design by Favorite Blogger Templates | Blogger Tips and Tricks