Meet online style guru Nadia Fairfax, who’s about to join hit TV show Fashion Bloggers

Mar 1, 2015

Style queen ... Nadia Fairfax is taking the online fashion world by storm with her blog F

Style queen ... Nadia Fairfax is taking the online fashion world by storm with her blog Fairfax Journal, and is joining the Foxtel reality series Fashion Bloggers. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

DESPITE launching her fashion blog less than a year ago, Nadia Fairfax has already cemented her place in the notoriously competitive online style world.

Now the 25-year-old is joining the second season of hit Foxtel reality series Fashion Bloggers, which follows the antics of five young gals about town.

“It’s a little bit scary but I’m very excited,” Fairfax said of her casting in the show.

Social scene ... Nadia Fairfax, pictured with male model and TV star Didier Cohen, is a r

Social scene ... Nadia Fairfax, pictured with male model and TV star Didier Cohen, is a regular at A-list event. Picture: Supplied Source: News Corp Australia

“I was approached to make a few cameo appearances in the first season and it all went from there. I’ve worked closely with a few of the other girls and Kate Waterhouse is a dear friend of mine.”

As well as Waterhouse, Fashion Bloggers features Amanda Shadforth, Sara Donaldson and Zanita Whittington. Fairfax will replace season one regular Margaret Zhang, who is leaving the show to concentrate on her final year of university studies.

The bloggers attend fashion shows, hobnob at parties, produce elaborate photo shoots and travel the world, providing an intimate snapshot of the industry to their legion of fans.

Fairfax describes herself as “the newbie” of the group with a still-developing audience, however she already boasts more than 58,000 followers on Instagram.

‘I was such an uncool teenager’

Surreal life ... Nadia Fairfax travels the world, attends fashion shows, orchestrates elaborate shoots and blogs it all for a growing online audience. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

When she’s not travelling to exotic photo shoot destinations around the world, including Mexico, Fiji and Hong Kong, Fairfax splits her time between Sydney and New York.

The surreal nature of her life isn’t lost on the former professional gymnast, who spent eight years at the Australian Institute of Sport.

“I spent my whole life thinking I’d be a sports journalist,” she laughed. “I was not a cool teenager.

“Gymnastics was my life, not fashion. I spent my adolescent years wearing tracksuits or leotards with scrunchies in my hair.

“Somehow there was a fork in the road and I ended up here on this very different path. It has worked out well though.”

Online sensation ... as well as her popular website, Nadia Fairfax boasts a strong follow

Online sensation ... as well as her popular website, Nadia Fairfax boasts a strong following on social media. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

And she points out that her rapid success has by no means been overnight.

“I’ve worked in fashion for a while so I have a background. I’ve put in the hard yards ... I’ve got people coffee, steamed clothes, assisted on shoots, interned. I’ve worked my way up.”

Filming of the second season of Fashion Bloggers begins next week and it will air on The Style Channel later this year.

post from sitemap
 
Copyright © -2012 Modern Life All Rights Reserved | Template Design by Favorite Blogger Templates | Blogger Tips and Tricks